How To Apply at Affordable RentalsOur office is located at 1020 W National Ave, Milwaukee WI 53204. (414) 643-5635
We are open weekdays 9 AM to 5 PM, Saturdays 9 Am to 1 PM.
To see a vacant unit:
- Bring a picture ID and a $10 key deposit, which is refunded when the keys are returned within 2 hours. We stop showing one hour before we close.
To apply for a rental we require:
- You MUST have gone to the unit you wish to apply for prior to applying and make sure it is what you want.
- Current government photo I. D., birth date and Social Security number for each adult applicant.
- Proof of current address: Copy of rent receipts, lease or current utility bill
- Proof of income: Recent pay stub, award letter, etc.
- A $50 money order is required to hold the apartment.
- If you are accepted this goes towards rent. If you are rejected the money order is returned to you.
We want good tenants and offer the best applicants a $100 Security Deposit Option
- This offer applies to units marked with *** to qualified new tenants who have a well documented three year good rental history with no evictions or criminal convictions in the past 5 years
We reject applications for the following causes:
- Evictions within the past 3 years. We may consider applicants with one eviction in the past three years with a double security deposit if all other criteria are met.
- Utility Disconnections or Utility Collection Actions within the past 2 years.
- Insufficient or Non Verifiable Income. We require consistent, verifiable income of at least 2 times the rent. You must be at your current job for at least 90 days. Government Benefits, Child Support, Food Stamps and other verifiable, consistent income are considered income and not subject to 90 day rule.
- Criminal Convictions* related to the manufacturing or distribution of a controlled substance, property damage, or crimes that indicate a disregard for the safety and rights of neighbors, within the following time frames:
- Municipal Convictions within past 2 Years
- Misdemeanor Convictions within past 3 years
- Felony Convictions within 4 years of the latter of release from custody or supervision.
- Unresolved cases. You may reapply after the case is resolved.
- Registered Sex Offenders are prohibited in all areas where our properties are located per Milwaukee Ordinance 106-51.
First time renters require double security deposit.
*Exceptions may be made for applicants with criminal convictions who have otherwise acceptable rental history and income, upon positive written reference from their Parole Agent or other official on government letterhead. Other factors may be considered on an individual basis. It is the responsibility of the applicant to supply any supporting information and documentation.
- DOGS over 14 pounds are NOT permitted, except service animals. Other pets considered on a case by case basis
It is the applicants responsibility to provide all documentation and information necessary for us to approve the application.